By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, January 16, 2022:
The conference organized by the University of Benghazi from January 15 to 16 on the need to diversify the Libyan economy concluded today with seven main recommendations.
The University of Benghazi indicated that twenty researchers and economic experts participated. He reported that the most important recommendations were:
- The need to address the issues that have hampered growth and the process of economic development in Libya over the past decades, whether economic or institutional.
- Restructure the Libyan economy by giving a greater role to the private sector and by moving towards promising sectors.
- The need to achieve the stability of the dinar.
- The state should pay more attention to infrastructure in various economic sectors.
- Orientation towards the geographical diversification of industrial activities to ensure a balanced spatial development between the different regions of Libya.
- Diversify energy sources by using renewable energies to reduce the rate of depletion of natural resources.
- Work to establish specialized industrial zones similar to the Chinese experience, which would make the Libyan economy more attractive to foreign investment.